Have you considered dental implants for your missing teeth? Dental implants can improve the look of your smile and your overall dental health. If you have single or multiple missing teeth we can utilize dental implants and fuse them with the surrounding bone to offer a stable foundation for crowns, bridges, or other implant prostheses. Dental implants can be a solution even if you are missing all of your upper or lower teeth. In this case they can be used to secure a denture and in some cases even eliminate the need for a removable prosthesis altogether.
All Dental Implants will be done on site in our Wayne, New Jersey office.
Advantages of Dental Implants
- Preserves the jaw bone
- Helps overall health by allowing the individual to consumer a normal, healthy diet
- Eliminates the need for a denture in patients missing multiple teeth in the same arch
- Secures both upper and lower dentures
- Decreases the discomfort dentures can cause
- Improves self-esteem
- Maintains the shape of the face
Are Dental Implants for You?
- Are you missing one or more teeth?
- Does your denture cause discomfort when eating or smiling?
- Do you lack confidence because of your smile?
Candidates for dental implants can be of any age. If you want or think you need dental implant treatment call to make an appointment today for a comprehensive treatment evaluation. This evaluation consists of an examination of your gums, teeth and jaw bone as well as a careful review of your medical and oral history. This evaluation helps us create a treatment plan and determine if dental implants are right for you.
The placement of dental implants is a surgical procedure that can be done in two different ways.
- The first method is the “single-stage” approach because it consists of just one surgical procedure. In this procedure the surgeon will use local anesthesia and then make an incision in order to prep a receiving site for the implant. Then the implant is placed and the tissue of the gum is sutured leaving just the top part of the implant exposed.
- The second method is called the “two-stage” approach because it requires two separate surgical procedures. In this method the gum tissue is sutured over the implant and does not leave any of it showing. The healing phase of this procedure, or the time your implant is left under the gum depends on the quality and quantity of your bone. Once the healing phase is over your surgeon will expose the implant and complete the procedure.
The Prosthetic Procedure
In order to properly fabricate your prosthesis, we are required to take an impression of the dental implant. This treatment can take as little as two visits unless you have a challenging situation.
All Teeth Missing
If you’re missing all or most of your teeth we have a few different options for you here at Spitzer Dental Design. Make an appointment to figure out which option is best for you.
- Full-Mouth Dental Implants: 6-10 dental implants can be placed in both the upper and lower dental arches followed by a placement of fixed bridge work.
- Pros: Feels most like natural teeth, Maintain bone, Optimal chewing efficiency
- Cons: Costly, Appointments are time consuming and the treatment period can be long
- Denture Implants: Two to four dental implants are placed in each arch and then attachments are placed on the implants to retain a denture of partial denture.
- Pros: Better chewing efficiency than a conventional denture, treatment is both time and cost-effective
- Cons: May not feel like natural teeth, is a removable prosthesis, maintenance visits and prostheses remakes are necessary after about 4 years
- Fixed Denture Implants: Four to six implants are placed to support teeth in either upper or lower dental arch.
- Pros: Chewing efficiency close to natural teeth, quick treatment time, cannot be removed by patient
- Cons: Costs more than implant overdenture, requires maintenance
If none of these options seem right for you, maybe dentures, partial and/or overdentures are the best solution. Dentures don’t have to look artificial at all. In fact, the Spitzer Dental Design team prides itself on being able to fabricate natural-looking, comfortable and beautiful dentures.
Related Resources To Read Up on for Northern NJ Dental Implants:
What Are the Advantages of Dental Implants?
Full background of Dental Implants