Do you need braces but don’t need the discomfort or unsightliness? Invisalign is a state-of-the-art alternative to braces that is almost completely invisible to other people because it lacks brackets and wires. Instead, Invisalign is a clear appliance called an aligner that is customized to your teeth.
Invisalign treatments require a series of aligners ranging from 12 to 48. You’ll have each aligner in for two weeks. You only remove the aligner to eat, brush and floss. As you go through aligners your teeth will slowly but surely adjust until you achieve the alignment prescribed by the Spitzer Dental Design team.
Why aligners over braces?
- Aligners are a combination of our expertise and 3D computer imagining technology
- It’s easier to take care of your oral health compared to traditional braces
- Your smile is normally corrected within 15 months compared to 2 years with traditional braces
Why do I need to straighten my teeth?
- To prevent tooth decay, cavities and gum disease
- To relieve headaches and earaches
- To improve speaking, biting or chewing problems
- To help prevent or improve TMJ issues
How will I feel with Invisalign?
- You will feel some discomfort and/or have difficulty speaking or eating at first
- They are not as uncomfortable as wire braces
What foods should I avoid?
- Since you take Invisalign out when you eat there are absolutely no dietary restrictions! Just remember to always take your aligners out before eating and brush well before putting them back in.